I’ve never been to Boracay. And one of the famous food finds that I hear/read in Boracay is Real Coffee’s Calamansi Muffins. Thank God for Pepper.ph’s food hack recipe, I don’t need to fly to Boracay just to taste this muffin (though I dream of going there!).
Real Coffee Boracay’s Calamansi Muffins (Recipe lifted from Pepper.ph)
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 pcs eggs
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup calamansi
- Mix together dry ingredients in a bowl: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Mix together milk and calamansi in a bowl, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well.
- Add in milk mixture and flour mixture.
- Mix until well blended, don’t over mix.
- Scoop in non stick muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 18-23 minutes.
Bake, bake, bake!
They’re like little sunnies! I don’t know if it’s because I used margarine instead of butter which resulted to a more yellowish hue. And for me, muffins should have cracked tops 😛
One bite is not enough. It’s light and the calamansi flavor is just right. I think this goes well with black coffee.
I closed my eyes, hoping that next time I’ll be in Boracay to taste the calamansi muffins of Real Coffee. But for now, I am happy with these.